Basics of Real Food Prenatal Nutrition
Research is constantly evolving, especially in the field of prenatal nutrition, and yet, there’s a lag time between new evidence getting incorporated into public policy and nutrition guidelines. In other words, if you follow the scientific literature, there’s a lot of room for improvement in current prenatal guidelines.
If we want to give pregnant women the best chance of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, we desperately need to get better, more up-to-date, and scientifically sound advice out there.
IN THIS WEBINAR, YOU’LL LEARN:
- What is real food and why it makes sense during (and before) pregnancy
- Where current prenatal nutrition guidelines miss the mark (and how we got where we are)
- Myths surrounding prenatal nutrition and evidence supporting an alternative approach (I’ll cover specific examples including salt, macronutrients, select micronutrients, food safety, and more)
- Are current recommendations really evidence-based?
- Why we need a paradigm shift
- Rationale for a real food diet that incorporates principles from ancestral nutrition/traditional cultures
- Sample meal plans and nutrient breakdown from conventional policy compared to real food.
This course is approved for 1.5 CEU credits for registered dietitian/nutritionists through CDR.