Everything You Need To Know About Vitamin D and Pregnancy
Vitamin D plays a vital role in a mother’s health and the development of her baby. This peculiar nutrient (technically a hormone, not a vitamin) warrants our attention during pregnancy, where research has shown it can have a profound influence on rates of pregnancy complications, preterm birth, and baby’s lifelong health (#epigenetics)
IN THIS WEBINAR, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How vitamin D metabolism shifts during pregnancy
- Risk factors and prevalence of vitamin D deficiency
- Current research on vitamin D & pregnancy outcomes, including gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, preterm birth, and more
- The rationale for normalizing vitamin D levels during pregnancy (and research on what “normal” vitamin D levels really are)
- Optimal levels of supplementation and how they compare to current guidelines
- Practical application of this information: What does it mean for you and your clients?
CEUs: This webinar is pre-approved for 1.5 CEU credits for registered dietitian/nutritionists through CDR.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Lily Nichols is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, researcher, and author with a passion for evidence-based prenatal nutrition. Drawing from the current scientific literature and the wisdom of traditional cultures, her work is known for being research-focused, thorough, and sensible.
She is the author of two bestselling books, Real Food for Pregnancy and Real Food for Gestational Diabetes.
Her work has not only helped tens of thousands of women manage their gestational diabetes (most without the need for blood sugar-lowering medication), but has also influenced nutrition policies internationally. Lily’s clinical expertise and extensive background in prenatal nutrition have made her a highly sought after consultant and speaker in the field.
Professional Disclosure: Lily Nichols is the author of two books, for which she receives royalties: Real Food for Pregnancy & Real Food for Gestational Diabetes.