Everything You Need To Know About Vitamin D and Pregnancy
Vitamin D plays a vital role in a mother’s health and the development of her baby. This peculiar nutrient (technically a hormone, not a vitamin) warrants our attention during pregnancy, where research has shown it can have a profound influence on rates of pregnancy complications, preterm birth, and baby’s lifelong health (#epigenetics)
IN THIS WEBINAR, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How vitamin D metabolism shifts during pregnancy
- Risk factors and prevalence of vitamin D deficiency
- Current research on vitamin D & pregnancy outcomes, including gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, preterm birth, and more
- The rationale for normalizing vitamin D levels during pregnancy (and research on what “normal” vitamin D levels really are)
- Optimal levels of supplementation and how they compare to current guidelines
- Practical application of this information: What does it mean for you and your clients?
CEUs: This webinar is pre-approved for 1.5 CEU credits for registered dietitian/nutritionists through CDR.