Managing Menopausal Symptoms Naturally: Where to Begin
Perimenopause & menopause is a natural process every woman who lives long enough will go through. Dr. Christiane Northrup explains the transition into menopause as, “a lifting of the veil of hormones that can be both liberating and unsettling.” The average age a woman starts to experience unsettling symptoms is 47 and the most common symptoms include insomnia, anxiety, depression, hot flashes, weight gain and fatigue. In this webinar, you’ll learn how to identify if a woman is perimenopausal and natural treatment approaches to these common complaints. You’ll walk away equipped with the tools you need to help your patients breeze through this transition with confidence and grace.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- What is perimenopause and how to identify when a woman is in this phase of her life.
- What is the pathophysiology of common perimenopausal symptoms: hot flashes, vaginal atrophy, insomnia, weight gain, depression and anxiety.
- Nutritional therapy to treat hormonal fluctuations, including current research on meal timing, blood sugar balance, soy, and flaxseeds.
- Supplementation as adjunct to diet, including soy isoflavones, 5-HTP, and herbs like maca, sage, black cohosh, and St. John’s wart.
- Lifestyle recommendations including exercise and stress management.
Length: 90 minutes