Unlocking the Secrets of The Menstrual Cycle: How Fertility Awareness Cycle Tracking Can Help Your Nutrition Practice
If you’re not currently paying attention to your client’s menstrual cycle health you’re missing crucial information that could help you support them. Whether you’re working with fertility clients or working with women who are simply seeking to attain optimal health, the menstrual cycle is an important vital sign we should all be paying attention to.
In this 90-minute webinar led by Lisa Hendrickson-Jack, FAE, HRHP, and author of The Fifth Vital Sign, you’ll learn what factors constitute a normal menstrual cycle, the main fertile signs we all should be paying attention to, and a variety of important health-related information we can glean from fertility awareness cycle charting.
Learn why healthy, ovulatory menstrual cycles are important for optimal health, and how hormonal birth control interferes with that natural process.
This webinar discusses some important research into the role of micronutrients to support cycle health and the detrimental effects of hormonal birth control on micronutrient status.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- The most common myths about the menstrual cycle
- Why we should consider the menstrual cycle with regular ovulation an important vital sign of health
- A brief overview of the ovarian hormone cycle that governs the menstrual cycle
- The normal parameters of a healthy menstrual cycle and a healthy menstrual period (note that your “period” is not your menstrual cycle!)
- The important role of cervical mucus, basal body temperature, and cervical position in fertility awareness cycle charting
- The various types of cervical mucus and the role they play in conception and natural birth control (plus, nutritional factors that can impact cervical mucus quality)
- How menstrual cycle tracking can be used as a diagnostic tool to identify various health-related issues
- How hormonal birth control can negatively impact fertility, micronutrient status, and overall health
Length: 90 minutes
About the presenter, Lisa Hendrickson-Jack:
Lisa Hendrickson-Jack is a certified Fertility Awareness Educator and Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner who teaches women to chart their menstrual cycles for natural birth control, conception, and monitoring overall health. In her books, The Fifth Vital Sign and the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook, Lisa debunks the myth that regular ovulation is only important when you want children, by recognizing the menstrual cycle as a vital sign. Drawing heavily from the current scientific literature, Lisa presents an evidence-based approach to fertility awareness and menstrual cycle optimization. She hosts the Fertility Friday Podcast, a weekly radio show devoted to helping women connect to their fifth vital sign by uncovering the connection between menstrual cycle health, fertility, and overall health. With well over a million downloads, Fertility Friday is the #1 source for information about fertility awareness, and menstrual cycle health, connecting women around the world with their cycles and their fertility — something our education systems have consistently failed to do. When she’s not researching, writing, and interviewing health professionals, you’ll find her spending time with her husband and her two sons. To learn more, visit fertilityfriday.com.